As of 30JUL18
At WFA, we aim to serve two competing needs for our athletes:
- Community: bonding, cooperating, a sense of belonging
- Individuality: support to make progress towards individual goals
Our new class structure is going to help us to balance this dichotomy.
Sixty Minute Strength and Conditioning Class Flow
5 minutes: Mobility Warm-Up (Flow and/or Crawl)
10 minutes: Loaded Dynamic Warm-Up (Swings, Squats, Haloes, etc.)
20 minutes: Independent Study
20 minutes: Group Conditioning Work
5 minutes: Ab Isolation and/or Mobility Cool-Down (Flow and/or Stretch)
The Independent Study portion of classes is what’s new, and that’s where we meet students’ individual needs. In that 20 minutes, athletes will have the following options to choose from:
- Do a workout within a targeted 6-week program. These programs will be designed to move athletes towards specific goals, and will assume three training sessions per week. The programs available in the coming weeks will include:
- Complete the programmed workout of the day. These workouts may be chosen from an existing program.
- Complete individually written programming to work towards independent goals. For athletes who want or need something more detailed, or working towards a specific goal not addressed in the programs above, individual programming is available. Inquire with Michael for details and pricing.